We’re tossing out the old phrase “new year, new me.” After all, it may be a new year, but we’re building on the same foundation that brought us so much growth in 2018— the same dedication to our customers, the same innovative spirit, and the same drive to change how businesses interact with their data.
We’re excited to launch into the new year and all the opportunities it will bring, but first, let’s take a moment to reflect.
2018 was a year of big changes and growth for AnswerRocket:
1. We moved three (!) times in 2018 and finally settled into our new homebase at the end of the year. Our permanent space is cool, collaborative, and most importantly, big enough for our growing number of Rocketeers.
2. Just as more Rocketeers have joined our team, our customer base has grown, too. They’re bringing new challenges to solve, new data to analyze, and new opportunities to seize. Check out these quick stats:
- The number of users grew more than 200% from 2017.
- The number of questions asked using AnswerRocket increased 475% from the previous year.
- The average number of questions asked per user per day nearly doubled year over year. So not only did we have more users – but they used AnswerRocket more frequently.
3. We’ve partnered with Nielsen. Nielsen, the global leader in consumer and market data, pioneered their Connected Partner Program to build collaborations between Nielsen’s own data and industry-leading software. With this partnership, AnswerRocket customers now have the ability to access Nielsen data within their AnswerRocket interface.
Now that we’ve reminisced, let’s talk 2019:
1. We’re excited to continue serving our existing customers by further innovating AnswerRocket and enhancing the customer experience. Nothing makes us happier than hearing how much our customers value AnswerRocket. These are just a couple of pieces of feedback from a recent customer survey:
- “I am amazed at the information available at my fingertips.”
- “I think the product is incredible. Gives users the ability to ask those questions that normally have to involve IT.”
2. We’ve hinted at upcoming innovations for AnswerRocket. It’s only fair that we give a taste of what’s to come. Our vision for AnswerRocket involves further automating insights with AI and machine learning to build an ongoing feed that tells you what’s going on in your data based on the areas that are most important to your business.
3. The trends that will define 2019 won’t arise out of thin air; they’ll build off the changes that have already been occurring. For example, consumers are now more connected than ever before, which means companies have access to more data — and with that access, the responsibility to protect it.
- “Driving real-time interactions with your clients no matter where they are located is becoming critical to maintaining their loyalty.” — Forrester
- “Regulators and consumers are scrutinizing how [personal] data is used and collected in greater detail. The misuse or abuse of personal data by marketers and their partners erodes customer trust and invites further regulatory oversight.” — Gartner
To leverage the data that companies are collecting, businesses have been investing in analytics and business intelligence platforms. At least, according to CGT’s Tech Trends Report:
- In 2018, the consumer goods industry increased spend the most in insights/analytics, at 46%.
- Of priorities for change, business intelligence won by a large margin at 59% (supply chain followed at 44%).
We believe this investment will continue, with a further emphasis on AI. According to Accenture:
- Four of our five executives (81%) agree that within the next two years, “AI will work next to humans in their organizations, as a co-worker, collaborator and trusted advisor.”
Business leaders are already looking to incorporate AI into their strategies.
We predict that 2019 will be the year of AI-powered analytics. After all, with more industries investing in analytics solutions, it’s only natural that AI plays a role in automating tedious, labor-intensive activities like routine reporting.
At AnswerRocket, we’re revving up for these trends and are ready to show businesses what AI can do for them.
Want to start the new year off with a bang? Schedule a demo with us today to get an edge up on your competition.